I'm extremely excited to inform you of my acceptance to the Emerging League Program of the International League of Conservation Photographers (iLCP)!
What is the iLCP?
Established in 2005, the International League of Conservation Photographers is a U.S. based non-profit organization whose mission is to further environmental and cultural conservation through photography. Our programs are built on the participation and contributions of our Fellows, an elite group of the world’s top wildlife, nature and culture photographers who, in addition to displaying remarkable photographic skills, have each demonstrated a deep commitment to conservation efforts around the globe. As a collective body, our goal is to use the art of high-quality photography to encourage people to take action in support of tangible and meaningful conservation measures.
Learn more at: http://conservationphotographers.org/
What is the Emerging League Program?
The iLCP Emerging League Photographer (ELP) Program is designed to support photographers who display inherent natural talent and significant promise in conservation photography. ELPs are still establishing themselves as professional photographers and have demonstrated that they would benefit significantly from access to iLCP Fellows, Affiliates, and the broader iLCP network in order to advance their photographic careers and conservation outcomes. The key program features are:
- Three candidates accepted each year for a three year ELP program.
- iLCP will, to the best of its ability, offer mentorship opportunities including:
- Assign one iLCP Senior Fellow as a personal mentor. Mentorship may be virtual or in-person.
- Coordinate up to three portfolio reviews per year by Affiliates or Fellows other than the mentor. Reviews may be virtual or in person.
- Promote ELPs for assistant assignment opportunities with its Fellows.
- Invite ELPs to attend iLCP Fellows meetings and other events so they can network and get to know the community.
- Include ELPs as assistants in its Conservation Photography Expeditions.